Monday 1 February 2016

January Review

Hi all,

This is just a quick review of my selections from January. In total, I tipped in 611 races over the month, returning 142 winners, a strike rate of 23.24%. Not as high as I would've liked, obviously. In addition to that, 151 horses placed, a place percentage of 24.71%. Of course, we do have to look at the staking, since not every horse I suggest is an each way bet. As you know, horses offered at 5/1 or bigger are 1 point each way, while horses with smaller odds are 2 points straight wins. Of the 151 places, only 55 placed on each way odds. That makes for 197 selections returning a profit, or 32.24%

The total profit for the month ended on 22.36 points, having been as high as 43.74 and as low as -45.35. A mixed month then, but a profit returned in the end. Of course, it's only a measly 1.83% return on investment, but with selections for every race, I'm not expecting a massive monthly profit.

We had two biggest winners, both priced at 16/1, Sharpasaknife and Extreme Impact, both of those running over jumps. The jumps strike rate was a bit better than the overall strike rate, coming in at 25.33% (76 out of 300). On the All-Weather it was 21.22%. Despite that, the biggest meeting was on the all-weather when the selections claimed 25.97 points from Wolverhampton on the 25th, with winners at 10/3, 9/2 & 12/1 as well as a 12/1 place.

The sole biggest day was a Saturday, the 16th, when selections claimed a whopping 59.44 points. All five meetings that day returned a profit and with a few big price winners in there as well, it turned the negative running total back in the right direction.

I haven't got full statistics for my best selections on the blog (I'll make sure I keep track of them for February), but since I usually also put them on Betref.co.uk, I'll use my statistics from there. For January, I put 63 tips on BetRef, either £10 wins or £5 each way, returning a profit of £126.25. For my full BetRef profile, feel free to have a look here


If you have any questions or comments, feel free to find me on twitter, @Redgameracer

No comments:

Post a Comment